Practicum Review Gathering
for Equus Coaches
April 5th – 8th, 2018 | Big Sky Foxtrotters Ranch | Scottsdale, Arizona
Are you ready for certification? Yearning for practice? Or looking for feedback from instructors and mentors?
There are still a few spaces remaining. So we’ve extended the registration deadline to March 15, 2018!
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com.
We have designed the Practicum Review Gathering to be a nourishing opportunity for coaches to come together to share, play, laugh, and learn (and complete your certification review if you wish.) These practicum events are typically scheduled once or twice per year and are designed to support your skills development, to offer you valuable detailed feedback on your Equus Coaching, and to create a place for herd members to come together and spend quality time in community with one another.
This April, we have expanded the event and are offering both 2-day and 4-day options. The focus will be on providing skills development, detailed feedback, and certification review. A joyful connection is also guaranteed!
Your Practicum Review Options
- April 5-6 – Horsemanship Skills: Join us for the first two days where we will tailor your experience to hone your horsemanship skills and build your confidence.
- Event Fee: $1500
- April 7-8 – Practicum Review: Come for these two days if you want to attend only the Practicum Review.
- Event Fee: $1500.
- April 5-8 – Horsemanship + Practicum Review: Join us for all four days and receive the full package of practice, feedback, and community fun! This is ideal if you’re interested in earning your certification in one trip.
- Event Fee: $2250.
Location: Big Sky Foxtrotters Ranch, Scottsdale, Arizona
Open only to current and prior students of the Institute as well as certified Equus Coaches
Our Intention for the Equus Coaching Practicums
Group practicums are held one or two times per year (depending on demand) and allow you to:
- Practice your horsemanship skills
- Practice your Equus Coaching skills with volunteer clients
- Receive feedback on both from Master Facilitators
- Become certified if you have completed the Equus Coach Training requirements
Details & Logistics
- All days are full days! – 9am to 5pm
- We will do our best to design the days based on the needs of the participants. Be prepared to tell us what you want to accomplish during our time together. This is the rough outline:
- Thursday & Friday, April 5th & 6th: Play, practice, and further develop your horsemanship skills and confidence in a supportive, low-pressure learning zone.
- Saturday & Sunday, April 7th & 8th: Skills demonstration, detailed feedback, and certification review. If you are not coming for certification, we will have additional activities for you.
- Thursday – Sunday, April 5-8: Choose to attend all four days and you’ll get all the above with a special savings. During these four days, you will have a full dose of everything we consider for certification: halter work and round pen horsemanship skills, as well as opportunities to coach clients in the round pen and through a herding exercise. Volunteer clients will be on-site.
If you are seeking certification, this is the place to be! If you have any questions about certification, please see the guidelines posted on the ECC Resources membership page.
Just a reminder that you do not have to wait until you have all of your assignments (volunteer hours, riding lessons, etc.) completed before you can attend this or any Practicum. Instead, you can join us at this or any Practicum to check off your “skills review” requirement, then plan to wrap up your remaining assignments after the Practicum.
Big Sky Foxtrotters Ranch
16216 E. Lone Mountain Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
Directions from N. Scottsdale Road:
- Take Dynamite Blvd. going East
- Dynamite Blvd. turns into Rio Verde Dr.
- Turn Left on 160th St. going N.
- (There is a large horse ranch on the NE corner with a tall electrical metal windmill)
- (160th St. will be a long road first portion is paved, second portion unpaved)
- Turn right on E. Lone Mountain Rd.
- Big Sky Foxtrotters will be the first ranch entrance on your Left
- (They have a framed overhang entrance with a metal silhouette of cowboys overhead)
- Park to the Left of the stables
No more than 16 coaches will be participating in the Practicum. We need at least 8 coaches confirmed to run the event. Please do not make airline reservations until we confirm that we have at least 8 participants paid-in-full.
$1,500 per person for each of the 2-day options.
$2,250 per person for the 4-day option.
What does this include?
Lunch will be included each day.
What about other meals?
Breakfast and dinner are on your own.
What about lodging?
Lodging will be on your own. We will provide a comprehensive local listing of accommodations in your welcome email.
Why would you want to attend?
- To practice in a loving, supportive environment – no matter what your skill level!
- To hang out with the herd
- To receive thoughtful and constructive feedback on your coaching
- To become certified*
*Please see the certification guidelines on the ECC Resources page to see if you are eligible for certification.
Do you need to have all of your other Equus Coach certification assignments (volunteer hours, riding lessons, etc.) completed before attending a Practicum?
No, certification requirements can be completed in any order. This means you do not have to wait until you have all of your assignments (volunteer hours, riding lessons, etc.) completed before you can attend this or any Practicum. Instead, you can join us at any Practicum to check off your “skills review” requirement, then plan to wrap up your remaining assignments after the Practicum.
The deadline to register is March 15, 2018. Spaces are limited.
The next opportunity to attend a Practicum won’t be until the fall. Don’t miss this chance to join us in April!
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the costly non-refundable nature of reserving venues for various events, and the limited spaces available in workshops, a cancellation made 30 days or less from the beginning date of an event is non-refundable. Fifty percent of the event fee will be refunded for a cancellation made between 60 to 31 days prior to a scheduled event. Any cancellation made 61 days prior to a scheduled event is fully refundable minus an administrative processing fee.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com