for Equus Coaches
November 17-18, 2017 | Big Sky Foxtrotters Ranch | Scottsdale, Arizona
Are you ready for certification? Yearning for practice? Or looking for feedback from instructors and mentors?
Our next Practicum Review for Equus Coaches is this November and we hope to see you there!
We have designed the Practicum Review Gathering to be a nourishing place to come together to share, play, laugh, learn (and complete your certification review if you wish.) These practicum events are typically scheduled once or twice per year and are designed to support your skills development, to offer you valuable detailed feedback on your Equus Coaching, and to create a place for the herd to come together and spend quality time in community with one another.
This November, we have made the event two days only and will be focusing on skills development, detailed feedback, and certification review. A joyful connection is also guaranteed!
- Equus Coaching Practicum Review on November 17-18, 2017
- Location: Big Sky Foxtrotters Ranch
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Event fee: $1,500
Open Only to Current and Prior Students of the Institute as well as certified Equus Coaches
Our Intention of the Equus Coaching Practicums
Group practicums are held one to two times per year (depending on demand) and allow you:
- To practice your horsemanship skills,
- To practice your Equus Coaching skills with volunteer clients,
- To receive feedback on both from Master Facilitators,
- To become certified if you have completed the Equus Coach Training requirement.
Details & Logistics
- Friday, November 17th—9 am to 5 pm: skills development, detailed feedback, and certification review.
- Saturday, November 18th—9 am to 5 pm: Skills development, detailed feedback, and certification review.
During these two days, you will have a full dose of everything we consider for certification: halter work and round pen horsemanship skills, as well as coaching clients in the round pen and through the herding exercise. We will have volunteer clients on site.
If you are seeking certification, this is the place to be! If you have any questions about certification, please see the guidelines posted on the ECC Resources membership page.
Big Sky Foxtrotters Ranch
16216 E. Lone Mountain Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
Directions from N. Scottsdale Road:
- Take Dynamite Blvd. going East
- Dynamite Blvd. turns into Rio Verde Dr.
- Turn Left on 160th St. going N.
- (There is a large horse ranch on the NE corner with a tall electrical metal windmill)
- (160th St. will be a long road first portion is paved, second portion unpaved)
- Turn right on E. Lone Mountain Rd.
- Big Sky Foxtrotters will be the first ranch entrance on your Left
- (They have a framed over hang entrance with a metal silhouette of cowboys overhead)
- Park to the Left of the stables.
No more than 16 coaches will be participating in the Practicum. We need at least 8 coaches confirmed to run the event. Please do not make airline reservations until we confirm that we have at least 8 participants paid-in-full.
$1,500 per person.
What does this include?
Lunch will be included each day.
What about other meals?
Breakfast and dinner are own your own.
What about lodging?
Lodging will be on your own. We will provide a comprehensive listing local of accommodations in your welcome email.
Why would you want to attend?
- To practice in a loving, supportive environment. No matter what your skill level!
- To hang out with the herd.
- To receive thoughtful and constructive feedback on your coaching.
- To become certified.*
*Please see the certification guidelines on the ECC Resources page to see if you are eligible for certification.
Registration deadline is October 15, 2017.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please wait to book your travel until you receive notification from us that the event has been confirmed.
Open Only to Current and Prior Students of the Institute as well as certified Equus Coaches.
Due to the costly non-refundable nature of reserving venues for various events, and the limited spaces available in workshops, a cancellation made 30 days or less from the dates of an event is non-refundable. Fifty percent of the event fee will be refunded for a cancellation made between 60 to 31 days prior to a scheduled event. Any cancellation made 61 days prior to a scheduled event is fully refundable minus an administrative processing fee.
If you have any questions, please email us at Support@KoelleInstitute.com