Hello Fellow Equus Coaches
Enrollment for Our Master Facilitator Training Program is Now Closed.
Are you starting to feel a pull to expand your skill set and experience as an Equus Coach?
Do you want to learn the art of conducting group workshop events? Are you keen to witness the impact of Equus Coaching with a larger number of people?
If your body compass is guiding you to grow your skill set, we would like to support you on that journey!
It might seem like an easy next step in the growth of your business to start running group workshops, yet once you take the leap you can quickly find yourself utterly overwhelmed with all sorts of unexpected challenges. We’re excited to offer you the Master Facilitator Training to help give you a big “leg up” in facilitation skills, experience, and the overall confidence needed when it comes to running group workshops. Let us provide you with all the practical tools and insights you’ll need to grow into the next chapter of your business.
We know first hand what it’s like to embark on the precarious adventure of growing your own business, developing your client base, working with a wide variety of client issues, and learning the ropes for how to successfully deliver a group event.
If you are ready to embark on the next chapter of your business, we invite you to join us for the training.
Personal Note from Koelle
Running a group event may seem like the greatest idea on the planet. That is, until:
- You have trouble getting the word out about your event and you have more expenses than sign-ups,
- On the day of, your venue suddenly decides to change plans about the arena usage,
- You have multiple horses to tend to and you just became aware that two of your horses are lame,
- Several clients get lost and show up late while the one person who arrived early is having a panic attack,
- It starts to hail and you’re not sure if lunch will be delivered on time,
- And you forgot to make sure you had extra toilet paper.
Yes, all of this has actually happened to me in the span of one workshop day.
Suddenly the days of working with one client in a gentle private setting with lots of time flexibility feels like a pleasant distant memory. Don’t let this deter you though. This work can have a profoundly life changing effect on people’s lives. Although the journey towards delivering smooth, effective workshops can include a steep learning curve—I can honestly say that it is very well worth the challenges.
There is nothing quite like the feeling at the end of a long workshop day when you look around your group and witness that each of them has discovered a whole new connection to themselves, that they’ve learned to express their needs more clearly, and that they’ve gained access to a genuine sense of belonging. It is a gift like no other I can possibly describe.
I’m deeply honored to share my experience and insight with you. I have been facilitating Equus Coaching workshops around the globe for over twelve years working with a wide variety of groups ranging from corporate teams to families and those seeking personal development. I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to help you expand your Equus Coaching business and create remarkable experiences for your clients.
I hope to see your registration for the Fall 2020 Master Facilitator Training.
Master Facilitator Training Overview
We’re here to help you cultivate your ability to:
- Work within a limited time frame to spotlight the core issues and cultivate genuine empathy while supporting a client’s ability to witness the feedback they are receiving from the horses
- Manage the various levels of priority, including the overall workshop environment, an individual client needs, the needs of the horses, and the needs of the facility
- Understand the hidden messages presented by challenging client sessions in a group environment, while creating a safe container for everyone to find a place of connection to the sessions.
- Support and shape an environment of self-empowerment for each of the individuals as well as the collective group
- Recognize the common patterns that arise within relationships between colleagues, friends, couples, parents, and children
- Learn key access tools that will help you dissolve dis-harmonic communication and support clients in building their relationships from a new foundation
- Communicate with clients, equine venues, and fellow horse owners in a manner that builds a synergistic partnership and, in turn, supports the vision you hold for the success of your business
- Improve your overall horsemanship skills and depth of experience to enable you to feel confident in your ability to manage a wide variety of equine behaviors.
Outline of the Master Facilitator Training
Your Two Year Master Facilitator Training will consist of:
- 27 – Teleclasses spread throughout the first year
- 2 – Homework assignments
- 1 – Four day onsite training
- 4 – Workshop events to shadow
- 1 – Personal workshop mentorship event
27 Teleclass Gatherings
These will be 60 to 90 minute video conference calls scheduled on Wednesdays 9:30 am PT/ 12:30 pm ET. We will gather to review content and offer live coaching and feedback.
Teleclasses will start Aug. 26th, 2020 and run thru Aug. 18th, 2021. A complete outline of the specific call dates will be given once you enroll.
- Class 1: Overview and Introduction Class
- Class 2: How workshop events differ from 1-on-1 private coaching
- Class 3: Tool Review: Infinity Loop & Seasons of Change
- Class 4: Tool Review: The Work
- Class 5: Tool Review: Horses & the Power of Metaphor
- Class 6: Tool Review: Body Track & Body Talk
- Class 7: Deciding on the equine facility for your workshop
- Class 8: How to develop your client base
- Class 9: Overseeing safety
- Class 10: Making friends with the time
- Class 11: How to deal with approval-seeking from clients
- Class 12: Working with couples, parents, young children, & company groups
- Class 13: Working with corporate groups
- Class 14 thru 18: Brainstorming your workshop design
- Class 19: Event logistics & planning
- Class 20: Marketing tips; Intro to Equus Demo Days
- Class 21: Open Q & A session regarding your workshop
- Class 22 thru 26: Video review of coaching a client
- Class 27: Wrap Up
4-Day Onsite 1 October 15th – 18th, 2020 at Big Sky Foxtrotters in Scottsdale, AZ
- The first 2 days of your onsite training will focus on further developing your horsemanship skills and confidence.
- During the remaining 2 days of your onsite training, we will bring in volunteer clients to help you focus on developing your Equus Coaching skills in a workshop environment.
Shadowing 4 Workshops or Events
- In order to help you really learn the ropes first hand so to speak, you will be asked to shadow four group workshops. During these events, you will be helping with workshop logistics and shadowing the participants Equus Coaching sessions.
- Keep in mind that these events are usually spread over a 2 year time period to help you manage your travel budget and give you time to integrate your learning.
- You can choose to shadow Equus Coaching Course onsites, general workshop, and/or corporate retreats facilitated by any of the institute teaching instructors, as well as the option to shadow 1 mentorship workshop of a fellow classmate.
- During these events you may be asked to coach clients. You will receive feedback on your Equus Coaching in a workshop setting at the conclusion of each workshop event.
- Attending these events is an important part of your learning process. It will provide you with the volume of experience and supportive feedback to feel confident in your ability to hold group workshops.
1 Mentorship Workshop Event
In order to most effectively help prepare you for running workshop events on your own, a part of your training requirement will be to organize and facilitate a 1 or 2 day workshop event in your home town or chosen location. Each of the teleclasses, onsite training and shadowing events are all specifically designed to help prepare you for designing and running your own successful workshop.
When you feel ready to test out your skills, we’ll work with you to help you decide on a workshop topic and pair you with a teaching instructor who will help to mentor you throughout your event. Your mentor will travel to your location and be available to help with general questions, review your workshop schedule, offer active facilitation where needed and give supportive feedback at the conclusion.
- You’ll need a minimum of 6 paid participants
- We recommend keeping your group small on this first event (6 to 8)
- You’ll set your own workshop price in order to cover your costs
- You can choose to design a 1 or 2 day workshop format
- You’ll choose a teaching instructor to support you
- The mentor will offer you live support, guidance, and feedback for your workshop
- The cost of your mentor’s travel and time is included in your training tuition
- Note: if the mentor’s travel is international, extra costs may need to be factored in
Master Facilitator Training is not for the faint of heart!
Your two years will be full. This training requires a significant time commitment, a fair amount of travel, and
a willingness to join the adventure of long energetic days spent outside enjoying clients and horses.
It’s profoundly rewarding work.
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.
Not yet certified—but ready to enroll in Master Facilitator Training?
We have some creative options to help support you in getting certified in these times.
Chat one-on-one with Erin Cutshall to discuss a plan personalized for where you’re at in your practice.
Recently Certified Master Facilitator Shares Her Training Journey
Wherever you are in your decision process (and Equus Coaching practice), we want to make sure you have all the information and support you need to make the decision that’s best for you.
Recently, Koelle interviewed a special guest, Master Facilitator Jennifer Tucker Visitacion, MBA, about her recent Master Facilitator Training journey and where it’s taking her now. Hear her story and answers to questions about this profoundly rewarding program. Download this call recording.
Have a question that wasn’t answered on this call? Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to hear from you!
Please email Support@KoelleInstitute.com if you have any questions.