Practicum Review Gathering
for Equus Coaches
June 25th – 28th, 2020 | Featherheart Ranch | Ramona, California
Are you ready for certification? Yearning for practice? Or looking for feedback from instructors and mentors?
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com.
We have designed the Practicum Review Gathering to be a nourishing opportunity for coaches to come together to share, play, laugh, and learn (and complete your certification review if you wish.) These practicum events are typically scheduled once or twice per year and are designed to support your skills development, to offer you valuable detailed feedback on your Equus Coaching, and to create a place for herd members to come together and spend quality time in community with one another.
This June, we have expanded the event and are offering both 2-day and 4-day options. The focus will be on providing skills development, detailed feedback, and certification review. A joyful connection is also guaranteed!
Your Practicum Review Options
- June 25-26 – Horsemanship Skills: Join us for the first two days where we will tailor your experience to hone your horsemanship skills and build your confidence.
- June 27-28 – Practicum Review: Come for these two days if you want to attend only the Practicum Review.
- June 25-28 – Horsemanship + Practicum Review: Join us for all four days and receive the full package of practice, feedback, and community. (A savings of $750!) This is ideal if you’re interested in earning your certification in one trip.
Our Intention for the Equus Coaching Practicums
Group practicums are held one or two times per year (depending on demand) and allow you to:
- Practice your horsemanship skills
- Practice your Equus Coaching skills with volunteer clients
- Receive feedback on both from Master Facilitators
- Become certified if you have completed the Equus Coach Training requirements
Open only to current and prior students of the Institute as well as certified Equus Coaches
Details & Logistics
- All days are full days! – 9am to 5pm
- We will do our best to design the days based on the needs of the participants. Be prepared to tell us what you want to accomplish during our time together. This is the rough outline:
- Thursday & Friday, June 25th & 26th: Play, practice, and further develop your horsemanship skills and confidence in a supportive, low-pressure learning zone.
- Saturday & Sunday, June 27th & 28th: Skills demonstration, detailed feedback, and certification review. If you are not coming for certification, we will have additional activities for you.
- Thursday – Sunday, June 25-28: Choose to attend all four days and you’ll get all the above with a special savings. During these four days, you will have a full dose of everything we consider for certification: halter work and round pen horsemanship skills, as well as opportunities to coach clients in the round pen and through a herding exercise. Volunteer clients will be on-site.
If you are seeking certification, this is the place to be! If you have any questions about certification, please see the guidelines posted on the ECC Resources membership page.
Just a reminder that you do not have to wait until you have all of your assignments (volunteer hours, riding lessons, etc.) completed before you can attend this or any Practicum. Instead, you can join us at this or any Practicum to check off your “skills review” requirement, then plan to wrap up your remaining assignments after the Practicum.
20119 Para Siempre Vista
Ramona, CA 92065
Directions from downtown San Diego:
- Take163 North, then 1-15 North
- Take the Scripps Poway Pkwy/Mercy Rd exit 17
- Keep right to take Scripps Poway Parkway going east and travel 8.63 miles
- Turn left onto Highway 67 /CA – 67 toward Ramona, travel 10.90 miles.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We need at least 8 coaches confirmed to run the event. Please do not make airline reservations until we confirm that we have at least 8 participants paid-in-full.
$1,650 per person for each of the 2-day options.
$2,500 per person for the 4-day option.
What does this include?
Lunch will be included each day.
What about other meals?
Breakfast and dinner are on your own.
What about lodging?
Lodging will be on your own. We will provide a comprehensive local listing of accommodations in your welcome email.
Why would you want to attend?
- To practice in a loving, supportive environment – no matter what your skill level!
- To hang out with the herd
- To receive thoughtful and constructive feedback on your coaching
- To become certified*
*Please see the certification guidelines on the ECC Resources page to see if you are eligible for certification.
Do you need to have all of your other Equus Coach certification assignments (volunteer hours, riding lessons, etc.) completed before attending a Practicum?
No, certification requirements can be completed in any order. This means you do not have to wait until you have all of your assignments (volunteer hours, riding lessons, etc.) completed before you can attend this or any Practicum. Instead, you can join us at any Practicum to check off your “skills review” requirement, then plan to wrap up your remaining assignments after the Practicum.
If you are ready for certification, yearning for practice
or looking for feedback from instructors and mentors, we hope you will join us in June.
Can’t make the Spring 2020 Practicum? To help you plan ahead, we’ve now set the dates for the Fall 2020 Practicum for November 12 – 15th, 2020, at Big Sky Foxtrotters Ranch in Scottsdale, AZ. Enrollment will open soon.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the costly non-refundable nature of reserving venues for various events, and the limited spaces available in workshops, a cancellation made 30 days or less from the beginning date of an event is non-refundable. Fifty percent of the event fee will be refunded for a cancellation made between 60 to 31 days prior to a scheduled event. Any cancellation made 61 days prior to a scheduled event is fully refundable minus an administrative processing fee.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.